Wednesday 3 June 2009

Power-ful Grouse

Early morning our lights went out between 3 to 5 am.
Then we had our daily power cut between 10 am to 1 pm
All this in the 100* plus sweltering humid heat.

When the current came back the voltage was so low we could hardly run the fan and the swamp cooler.
The power supply kept fluctuating and blinking like Christmas lights.
All the appliances in the house went clackety clack.
I had to switch off the fridge.
The cooler pump burnt out.
And I could barely run the water pump to re-fill our tank.
I had prepared home made pizza base and sauce to make pizzas for dinner, but could not do so as the oven could not work.
(Sonia made spicy eggs with potatoes, so that was nice)
Our power was restored after 7 pm.
We called an electrician to fix our cooler, which was a relief and the fridge could be turned on.
Mother ate a little, but she is very low and weak and has no appetite.
I feel a spirit of fear and depression has taken hold of her.
Please pray for release.
After a hot, weary and trying day I can say
"We can rejoice too,when we run into problems and trials for we know they are good for us-they help us learn to be patient"
Romans 5:3 (The Living Bible)
Prayers needed for Mother Hazel.

16 Fertilize my soul:

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I will pray for your mother.
I am familiar with your pains. my mother is pretty weak too, and cannot make up her mind about how she wants things. I hear fear in her voice.
Oh, it's so painful.
May God grant them strength and courage.
May He help us as well.
From Felisol
P.S. Gunnar is better for the first time since May 16th.
Thanks for caring and praying.

Gerry said...

You did have a trying day. Too bad the cooler motor burned out. Our power has been remarkably steady for quite some time. It takes a pretty ferocious storm to knock us out. Sent books today as I feel very bad for people who like books and have not enough ways of getting them! That was the country until they got bookmobiles to go around from the main libraries. Do you have anything like that? I am sorry about your mother feeling so low. Gerry

Kathryn said...

Oh, mercy, Amrita! The battles y'all have with power there! Hmmm ... as I write that, I sense the power struggles are not only with the electricity!

Precious Father, I pray in the name of the one and only true Lord Jesus Christ for the spirits of fear and depression to leave Mother Hazel immediately. In His authority, in His power, and under the covering of His shed blood, I command fear and depression, and any other spirits associated with them, to go immediately to feet of Jesus Christ, the son of the only and only Most High God, Who died on the cross and arose 3 days later, Who now sits at Your right hand, and Who is coming soon to judge the living and the dead. I pray, God of all comfort, that Your love and peace, which passes all understanding, will blanket Mother Hazel, as well as Amrita. Thank You, Lord, for the strength and compassion with which you've blessed Amrita. Thank You for her love for You and her obedience to You. Bless her faithfulness, Lord. Richly bless her faithfulness. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, Your perfect Son and our precious Savior. Amen.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

You poor thing! I wouldn't stop at grousing, I would be a stark raving maniac with the power going on and off like that. Miserable! And with the humidity, terrible!!!

I wonder if your mother would eat some cool liquids and ices, such as sherbets or yogurt drinks? Something to try to bring her appetite back, although with the heat, the elderly easily lose their appetites. My husband tends to get very thin in the summer so I make him a drink with malt and ice cream each night now.

Hoping that your mother will perk up soon...you are doing all you can, so rest easy on that account, at least...

Buttercup said...

My prayers are with Mother Hazel and for you, dear Amrita. Also prayers for continued electricity.

Debra said...

Oh Amrita, we take things like electricity so much for granted here in the USA. I live in the south and I know quite well what 100 degrees feels like! Terrible. So hoping and praying that things will soon be better for you.

May our good Lord send you much comfort and strength as you care for your mother. And may he send your mother peace and comfort as well.

Blessings dear friend.

Amrita said...

Thank you dear friends for your caring words and prayers.

Penni my Mom is not fond of cold things

Amrita said...

Thank you Gerry. THank God our cooler was fixed late night. Todays its 110*

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you and your Mom and definitely be hoping for a bit of a lower temp. I am sorry.
~Mary

Crown of Beauty said...

My dear Amrita,
I pray that God will give you the strength to go through all that you go through in a day...

May you have strength to endure, to persevere, to overcome...

I pray for joy to rise up in your heart in the midst of all these.

madison said...

I'm praying for you and your mother.
I'll also be praying for a bit of relief from all the heat and humidity. I know how draining that is on the body.

Sincerity said...

I'm so sorry to hear of all the troubles! I lose my appetite when the temperature is too hot so I understand a little-bit what your mother might have felt. I will pray that God strengthens her and upholds you.

He sees all you do to help your mother and He does not forget what we do to help others. I hope you have peace for a few days and I hope they're cooler! :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, I will pray for your mother. It's nice that you are very positive about everything that is happening in your life. As Romans 8:28 says, "All things work together for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Jeanette said...

I never know what new wonderful look your blog will have, and you have again made it beautiful, Amrita! What a great job you do with it!

Sometimes I think to myself that you might be a lot like me. The problems my loved ones are going through -- sickness, anger, depression, whatever it is -- greatly affect the way I feel, too. I know it is so very difficult for you to maintain your equilibrium when your dear mom is not feeling well or is upset, so I am praying that you will have a center of peace even during all these problems.

Ash said...

Sending lots of prayers and love your way!

Pat said...

I can "hear" the concern in your writing over your precious mother. I went through it for so long with my own. I always felt inadequate to help her, which in turn made me feel guilty. We do all that we are humanly capable of doing to make their days better, but sometimes we have to stop and remember that God holds her in the palm of his hands...his loving hands. I went to the brink and back in the caring of my mother, it actually affected my own health. Take care of yourself too, you are a precious daughter and a precious child of God.