Sunday 25 November 2007

If I were a Rich Man


Our friend S and family would never need to sing this song again.


On Friday evening they were at a Christmas Sunday School rehearsal when they got a phone call from a reputed international bank in which they have an account (me too) informing them that Rupees 4 crore and 90 lakhs about 1 million US dollars had been transferred into their account.


They were stunned as they knew of no such transaction. They rushed to the bank to get their account checked.After an hour it was discovered that a bank official had by mistake transferred all that money into S 's account as the name of the other guy resembled his. The manager severely reprimanded the young official and tried the calm everybody with cups of tea.


Oh sweet/cruel mistake, if it had happened to me I would have had to be rushed into ER.
This morning for my Bible meditation I read from Luke chapter 16 where Jesus said;
"No worker can serve two bosses;
He 'll either hate the first and love the second
Or adore the first and despise the second.
You can 't serve both God and the Bank".

8 Fertilize my soul:

Becky Wolfe said...

Oh gosh, what a horrible mistake for a few minutes of excitement!

holy chaos said...

greed... the religion of the western world!

our pastor spoke about covetous this morning

what a mistake... and tried to calm with tea! : )

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Amrita,
have a good sunday my dear, lov your little joking . tht keeps you youngh haha!

JoAnn )

nvittal said...

That was quite an error! :)

Roo said...

eeek! that is crazy! :)

(btw now i am singing the song from fiddler on the roof. "if i were a rich man...da de dee dee da de da.....if i were a wealthy MAN! "

Web-OJ said...

Infact if you serve God, the Bank will serve you! ;-)

I'd have reported the mistake after 24 hours. I just need to know how it feels to sleep knowing I have around Rs.5 Crores in the bank. Sighhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aura said...

What a horrible situation to be in to! Hope everything is ok by now

Donetta said...

Your blog is maturing so nicely.