Sunday 4 November 2007

Sunday Blessings

Today we had a beautiful Communion Service , but for some reason or the other I was low in spirit.People visited afterwards, and I felt better.I have been taught to put fact and faith before feelings.



Fact...The Lord is good
Faith...Put your trust in Him
Feelings...whether you feel like it or not.


When Mama and I go to church Aunt Sybil tells the maid; "Look they have gone gallivanting and left us alone". The maid tells; her no they have gone to church, but she doesn 't believe her.
In the afternoon when Mama and I were having a little lay-down she walked by the bedroom saying;"Sleep both of you (in a tone full of disdain) I am going home".
But I make sure she doesn 't get a chance as I keep the front door locked. Dementia!



------------------------------------


(I apologize for the quality of the photos... I have Minolta Family Zoom,
back to the future kind)


The weather is cooling down quite a bit as you can see on my weather button and that makes me happy.Church construction work is going on.


The Hindustan Times newspaper recently ran a series of articles on the New Muslims in which they reported that a Muslim woman called Daud Khanum is building an all women mosque in spite of much opposition from the clerics.When The HT readers read about her they wrote to the newspaper offering to send her money as she has run out of resources. After reading that I too prayed ; Lord please put it in someone 's heart to contribute towards our building and when I opened my Inbox there was a note from a friend. Praise God.we are walking by faith and not by sight.


--------------------------------------------

Tomorrow begins the great battle between India and Pakistan.Oh! no not over the Line of Control (RAW ,please take note - I am innocent of spreading false rumours) but on the cricket field.Boys you 'd better be good I am watching.

5 Fertilize my soul:

Donetta said...

Oh how hard that must be. I wish a refreshing for you. I wish a rest from it for you.
LOVE You Donetta

Roo said...

it is so hard when our loved ones get old and sick....we take care of a grandma that often struggles with similar symptoms as you dear aunt sybil.

shalom my friend. with love,

Donetta said...

Hello, I have been making aprons all day and dinner and just a good old day all around.

Anonymous said...

whether i feel like it or not... sounds familiar. i wrote something like this too in my latest post.

Anonymous said...

lovely reading your post, the perspective of the pics are good & yes the chill is already in the air, but it will be hotting up with the Indo-pak matches...have a nice time!