Tuesday 30 October 2007

Book Name Tag

My friend Piyush tagged me for the Book Cover Tag. You go to advance search in amazon.com and type your first name in the Title and display the most funny book cover you find.


I found several books with my name


Amrita by Banana Yoshimoto is the funniest because of the name of the author. Imagine having Banana as a first name, Hi Banana how are you doing? Banana, would you fancy a banana for dessert? I am going bananas-that has several shades of meaning for him. He 's quite a looker too. Look at his photo.


Other books were
Amrita by Kalyani Ghosh
Amrita by Ruth Prawer Jhabvala (she 's written Heat and Dust)
Amrita-the retake by Vivan Sundaram


This last one is about one of India 's eminent painter Amrita Sher-Gil. I found several books on her.
These are her paintings and portrait.
She was born in 1913 in Budapest, Hungary and died in 1241 in Lahore. Her father was an aristocratic Indian and mother, a Hungarian singer.She was trained in Italy and Paris and achieved much renown. She is so beautiful.


Our church building work is going on. They laid down a platform all around the building to prevent water seepage but its not satisfactory.To correct that mistake and finish the platform Rs 35,000 is needed. We don 't have it.Please pray the Lord may provide.Quite worried about it.
we have a lot to do but lack funds.
We are walking by faith and not by sight.

9 Fertilize my soul:

Kate said...

Well, look at her portrait, then at your photo. OK, do it again. See the resemblance? I do.

Amrita said...

Oh no Kate. Amrita Sher-Gil was a beauty I am just a peice of coal.

Donetta said...

Wow I see the resemblance too.

Web-OJ said...

Me too! Me too! I see the resemblance. What a good idea. I'm heading to the Amazon site right now.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Ha you are the ONLY Amrita I know, and I am glad knowing you :)
I am sure that I like YOU the most:)

Amrita said...

Oh no my friends I am mortified. I don 't bear any resemblence to the beautiful lady.I am an ogre (sorry princess Fiona) in front of her.

Pijush said...

Waoww.. You are most lucky one. So many interesting books in your name :-) The paintings are fabulous.

Pijush said...

Amrita,
Forgot to mention, Have you managed to accumulate 35,000/-? Hope you will , if not, can we contribute something?

Amrita said...

Thank You so much Piyush for offering to help. No I' ve not been able to raise enough money, just 5000. All help will be appreciated.You can send a DD or check on the nmae of Union Church. I will send you our street address by email.

Yesterday I read in Hindustan Times how people are willing to help a Muslim lady who is trying to build a mosque for women, and I prayed Lord may generous people be willing to help us too in the same way.
God bless you Piyush.