Sunday 7 October 2007

Sunday Blessings

I went downtown shopping yesterday as things are much cheaper there.It was crowded with Ramadan shoppers.There was an array of festival clothes, food stuff, vermicelli and dates, embroidered shoes and prayer caps and ornaments and so much more.
I had to buy groceries.Couldn 't resist some sweets and bamboo and chillie pickle.Oh cholesterol! And from a take -away outlet I brought chicken biryani and kebabs.

The takeaway left overs I used for today 's lunch , just made Chinese egg rice. I had asked the muttonwala (Mutton is lamb) to deliver the meat this morning but he came very late...too late to cook it for lunch.So I will cook my Rajasthani lamb curry called Lal Maas or red meat on a weekday.
Sheeba sets up such a racket whenever the mutton-man comes. She barks her tail off.I suppose she gets excited because of the meat smell.


I want to wish my Canadian friends a very Happy Thanksgiving.God bless you all as you celebrate the Lord 's blessings. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord and to declare His praises for evermore.
This cartoon is really funny couldn 't stop myself from posting it.Never eaten turkey. Its not available here anymore. When my parents were young they could get it.But you can get it in the metros.
Today we had Bishop Masih speak in church and he presided over Communion.After that we had tea in the manse. I took Indian sweets called motichoor ke laddus.They are so called as they are made of tiny orange motis or pearl-like balls.
Tomorrow we have an evening meeting in our church in which some visitors will be talking about evangelism and praying our our city and country.Before that we 'll be watching the cricket match.Hope they don 't give us a reason to cry.

14 Fertilize my soul:

Roo said...

thank you my friend!! i am THANKFUL for you!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

How nice to have Thanksgiving blessings from India! Thanks, Amrita! Your country clock tells me it is already Monday there!

We have a turkey in the freezer and that is where it shall have to stay for another week because I am coughing and sneezing all over the place! I don't want to cook for anyone ... especially Mama ... and pass on my malady!

Rebecca said...

Whether you have a turkey or not, Happy Thanksgiving to you. I am sure you have gourds or pumkin, ao pie is always possible!!!

Pijush said...

The pic is really funny. It was a nice Sunday for you :-) India is always interesting and thus I am happy to go back to my own country.

Kate said...

Well, turkey is a little overrated anyway, if you ask me. I'll be the muttonwalla is accustomed to being popular with the local dogs! :)

Anonymous said...

it's thanksgiving in canada? i didn't know that. well, now i do. =D

Becky Wolfe said...

I haven't had breakfast yet & already my tummy is rumbling while I read your cooking & food choices. YUM. Our Thanksgiving turkey dinner on Sunday was delicious. My sister in law cooked it & shoved butter & garlic under the turkey skin before cooking, as well as other spices and it was sooo juicy & moist because of that. So delicious. Too bad you can't get a turkey there, but after reading all the yummy food you DO make, I don't think you are lacking. Still, it is one of my fave 'special occasion' foods!

Love the moooing turkey cartoon.

nvittal said...

I didn't know that it was Thanksgiving in Canada either!! Well, we have to wait for a few more weeks here in US!

Well, you really sound like a good cook! Good for you. I love cooking too.

Praise and Coffee said...

That is so funny!

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

Donetta said...

Hello! So good to catch up on your days. I love lamb curried too. I used a recipe that called to rub a leg of lamb with curry, cumin and kelp and roast. Best lamb I have ever made.

Anonymous said...

hi amrita. yep i'm from the philippines. my dad gave me that name. if you need help with paid blogging, i can help you with that. you need to have a paypal account first. then go visit the one's i've tried so far. just sign up and wait for them to approve you blog. once approved, then you can start blogging and get paid for it. just choose those that you like so as not to make your blog "commercial".

Rebecca said...

that last cartoon really is tooooo funny...I think I would moo too if I was a turkey - but then maybe I am!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have infact tasted turkey during christmas here in Calcutta in a friends house & indeed it is very delicious...Your mention of the recipes once agin bring water to my mouth....Nice reading!

Kimmie said...

Amrita;

Sending a hug and praying blessing over you...regardless (as you said), it is good to give thanks to God-He is so faithful to us.

blessings
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted