Wednesday 17 October 2007

Fever

From desriretoinspire

From happylolday The two dogs are so cute. How can they so patient.

Sheeba"s got the fever. (The hots for the boys).Looking for some zany friends for her.
Tonight there is a Durga Puja and Ram Dal Mela or street carnival in my area.The streets and shops are all decorated with lights.There are stalls with food, ornaments, religious artifacts, garments,glass bangles, toys games etc.This year I did not go.I used to always go to buy roasted peanuts and sweets.
The religious procession will begin after 10pm. The city officials inaugurate the event with pooja(Hindu rituals). Horses, elephants and camels with moving floats depicting scenes from the Hindu epics come down the street. They are accompanied with bands and recorded music.Devotees shower them with flowers and money.When we were kids we used to give coins and peanuts to the elephants.Its a night long affair.There are 5 or 6 such melas or carnivals in our city during this festival each taking place on a different night.
Today I went to the district court to get our church trust registered. So glad we got it done. It had been pending since a long time.
The registrars office has been upgraded. The last time i went there it looked like a hangover from the British Raj. I could imagine the characters out of Charles Dickens ' novels perched behind the huge desk.And clerks writing with quills.Now its really modern with computers and web cams etc.
We have a general merchant store also which is a hangover from the British Raj and my friends visiting from Oxford really liked it. I also like the "old curiosity shop",only you have to wait hours to get your order filled.But sometimes I manage to get a discount from them as they keep me waiting so long. Now they have to compete with the shopping malls so they are really eager to serve you.
Wanted to post some pictures, but since yesterday the network is acting funny, so I 'll try tomorrow.

5 Fertilize my soul:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Woo Hoo! Hot Pink to accentuate Sheeba's fever! Is this "fever" as in frightfully sick or "fever" as in hot to trot for the boys?!

Amrita said...

Yes Carol-Ann symbolic of the fever and the change of season, our cooler weather is setting in, things color up a lot. sheebs got the hots for the boys.

Donetta said...

Hello, I have a gift for you. Community matters and I am glad that you are a part of mine:)

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

You have the most interesting life. I am always amazed at your posts.

Becky Wolfe said...

Oh this carnival sounds like a feast for the eyes & camera. I can imagine all the beautiful colors and clothing!

Hope you find Sheeba a boyfriend soon. Hee hee