Monday 28 January 2008

Friends Forever

Isn 't he the most darling dog in the world. He is just like my Jimmy who crossed over the rainbow bridge last April. I got this picture from Nurse Ratched.


My friend Sara writes very insightful and thoughtful posts which touch my heart. Please read her post entitled Un-Depressed. Your heart will be warmed.


My friend Donetta is a very artistic and talented lady.Her sowing skills are superb.She blessed me with an award.Thank you Donetta.

My friend David is an acclaimed author and photographer.On his blog he asked his readers - How efficiently or inefficiently would your household function without batteries?


Our household would be greatly affected because during our daily 3 hour + power cut we run a battery powered generator.Our power goes out frequently.And in the summer life would become unbearable without it.and also without batteries I would not be able to use my cameras,cell phone and radio...watches, clocks...I am getting silly.


What about you people?


Another question. Can I sun-dry broccoli to preserve it? I 've run out of ziplocs.

26 Fertilize my soul:

nvittal said...

Batteries? Well, probably nothing except my camera and laser light toy for the cats.

However, it's a different story in India as you mentioned! :)

Pat said...

What a wonderfully varied blog today - I love it!
Batteries? The remote control for the TV - a must in this house! I don't use my cell phone very often, I use it more to check the time then to talk on it. Now when the electricity goes out - that's huge!

Kostas said...

The modern batteries pollute the environment, but the batteries of our faith to our God should they are always charged. Very good the gift, Forever friends!

the mother of this lot said...

Now even I've got to admit that's one cute dog - and I don't like dogs!!

Anonymous said...

I kind of enjoy times when the "bottom falls out"! By that I mean...batteries or no batteries...so what? The world will continue to rotate. Sit back, relax and go for a spin. Put all else aside and look anew!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Amrita,
I really like your blog a lot. It looks like a veritable garden of pleasure and joy to behold. The dog is so adorable. I wish I have a dog like her. I know how hard it is to have your power cut off for sometime because of intermittent brownouts. It's nice that you have a standby generator to remedy that situation. I have really no idea if broccolis can be sun dried. Thanks for your wonderful post. God bless you and your family always.

Anonymous said...

that dog is the cutest!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Amrita,
I love this sweet soft doggy, You know I love all animals as long as they are soft hah!

I always safe Broccoli in my veggie-draw below in the refresh-cooler, so I never use zipbags....

Have agreat week! Thanks for commenting my friend,:)

God's girl said...

Cute dog!
Batteries-mostly for the remote controls and toys. We would be okay without them.

Thanks for visiting my blog! I do hope you win-everyone needs to try a Starbucks! :)
Blessings,
Angela

Nancy said...

I too am a dog lover as you know. When we loose our electric aroung here it shuts us totally down. I think of you and how you cope with life in such a different attitude. You are a blessing Amrita.

Susan Skitt said...

Wow about the daily power outages Amrita.

Now about drying broccoli, I have no idea, but I have heard of drying fruits and tomatoes, so I suppose it could be done.

david mcmahon said...

Terrific variety, Amrita, and I like your take on the power question.

I thought Kostas' comment was terrific, too.

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I had battery problems for 2- two- years,till my Gunnar found a firm in Canada which could provide my Toshiba laptop with adequate batteries.
What's the use of having a laptop if one has to be plugged in all the time?
And my mother's hearing -aid simply cannot function without batteries,
She does not function without her hearing aid.
Thank God for the little blessings.
From Felisol

Anonymous said...

Hello Amrita. Just a quick note regarding "my" difficulty in downloading your blogsite since the redo. It takes every bit of two minutes to complete download. Maybe it's just "ME" & my computer. I am not a high-speed user...just doggy-dog dial-up!

Any others having similar problem?

Dick said...

Without batteries? Hmm, I think my cell phone is a bit useless. And the TV remote that won't be nice and ehhhhh let me think.....my alarm clock. I won't think about it anymore.

Donetta said...

Hi Sweet Lady! Hope all is well with you. When your power comes up I trust I will find you happy .

Mrs. Mac said...

I use batteries when we lose our power ... to drive my car ... the tv remote control ... phone ... in my flashlight to take out the trash at night so I don't bump into a moose or wild animal ;) ... I'd be lost without Jesus AND batteries ;)

google the subject about drying broccoli ... we have a dehydrator for drying food ... but I've never thought about drying broccoli.

Amrita said...

Thank you friends for your comments.
Kostas you 're right. Our faith batteries should always be charged. They are the most important. i knew there was a spiritual lesson in there somewhere.

Amrita said...

Hi PaPa,
these days I am having a problem with my broadband connection, its slower than usual. Mine also is a dial up pretty slow speed one.Byt I will ask if others are having a problem opening my page

Aura said...

Hi Amrita
Here im not having trouble opening your website. It must be your dial up conection as it usually happens to my family backhome too.They are also dial up users.

Batteries? Headache& pollution!!!

Re: Sun drying brocoli

Never heard or seen any of it in the market.

I sugest you scald them quickly into a pot of boiling water,cool and drain then pack them in cooking portions in a ziped plastic bag then keep it in your freezer.
This way you can preserve the vitamns and other nutrients.

When you have to use it,cook it without defrosting.
Have a nice day!!

Amrita said...

Thank you dear friends for your answers.i just love hearing from each one.Yes i just packed the broccoli in ziploc bags and stuck them in the freezer.That should do fine.

Kimmie said...

Your dog is so cute...


Today our church left for a 16 day mission trip to Chillakalu, India...is that anywhere near you Amrita? My brother-in-law is leading our group...they will be doing a variety of things, medical missions, outreach, evangelism...

I am sure you could dry broccoli...not sure how long it would take to sun dry? My guess is at least 2 hot days with no humidity or rain. ? I bet you could google it!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

michaelonbass said...

Don't know about the broccoli but I do know we wouldn't last long on battery power.

Really great picture and cute dog, though!

Terry said...

Dear Amrita....I had full intentions of stopping by last night on my way back from my Felisol's but I got stopped at Curious Servant's blog and he had such a good post on what a friend we have in Jesus and it was so good that I got lost in it and by that time I was so sleepy, I just went off to bed!
I hardly had a word for you except to say thank you on Felisol's blog for your prayers for Dad Golden and Arlene...
In answer to your question though...of course your software is on its way.
If you want the definition of slower than molasses in January well it is the Canadian Postal service!!
Hope you like what I sent....Love Terry

Terry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amrita said...

Again a big thank you to everyone for responding.

Kimmie i lost your comment and wanted to answer it. I think this place is in South India, its far from where I live, but if they were closer it would haver been good to meet them in person.God bless them all as they come to serve Jesus in my country.

Thank you Michael for visiting my blog.

A big thank you to Terry, you are so kind. in the midst of looking after Dad you found time to do this for me.