Sunday 6 January 2008

Here Comes the Bride

My cousin 's wedding took place at the Anglican Cathedral which was beautifully decorated under an Aunt 's supervision and expertise.






On the right you can see some of our family in the choir. Granny was the first Indian pianist of Alld. during the British Raj.There are great musicians and composers in our family.

On the left is the happy couple.Below is a cousin 's daughter who was one of the bridesmaids.








You can see Aunt Emerine who lived in New York most of her life. Now she has retired in India.She is in her 70s and a close friend of my Mom.
Sonia and I attended the wedding ceremony and reception along with Abner.We had a good time and met many relatives and friends .The reception and dinner is a long relaxed affair.Once the couple cuts the cake (9 tiered this one) cake and coffee is served and there are speeches and music.My cousin brother sang several songs. He sings like Elvis Presley and Tom Jones.Then the bride goes off to change into her dinner clothes.The priest prays when the couple returns for dinner and then the soup and starters are served followed by dinner.Everybody is relaxed and social.People keep coming and going. When we were leaving after 10pm guests were still arriving, many of them from the medical fraternity as the groom 's Mom and some of my cousins are doctors.
I saw my family doctor and felt guilty as I 've not had my BP checked recently, Mom 's too.
Sonia left the day after the wedding (Jan 5th)

10 Fertilize my soul:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Once again, a fascinating post! Did you happen to get a picture of the cake?

I'm assuming your BP was over the top or there would have been no call for "guilt"! Oh dear!

Louise said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful people Amrita. Thank you for sharing.

Patriot said...

That wedding looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Curious Servant said...

I hope they have a happy and long life together.

Simply Shelley said...

Hello Dear Amrita, thank you so much for visiting me again. I think the wedding of your cousin must of been awesome. Such a beautiful Church to have a wedding.
I pray your New Year is blessed !

Blessings,Shelley

Pat said...

What wonderful pictures - the church is so beautiful, and the flowers are amazing. It sounds like such a lavish celebration - it would have been wonderful to be a guest!
You better keep an eye on the BP!

Dick said...

Very nice, it looks all so colorful.

Amrita said...

Thank you friends.
Yes Curious Servant, youa re right, as they were repeating the wedding vows after the priest I was thinking of the same thing.Marriages are very fragile here too.

Oh Carol Ann, my doc. is an angel.He empathizes with everyone and makes you feel instantly better.He is brilliant and his treatment brought my Mom 's BP down.
And his advice is ...eat everything in moderation.

Gudl said...

Everything looked great!

Web-OJ said...

Looks like it was a fun event. More wedding pics pls!