Wednesday 2 January 2008

Giving Thanks

On New year"s eve as per tradition we all gathered in our home to pray and share and worship.

I shared various verses from the scriptures.
Deut 1:31 says"The Lord your God carried you as a father carries his son all the way you went until you reached this place" I felt this is what God did for me all through 2007 and so much more.

(above Sonia)
In the year 2008 I want to Fly
The Lord will help me according the Duet 32;11,12 "like an eagle that stirs up its nest and hovers over its young that spreads its wings to catch them and carries them on its pinions"

In the year 2008 i want to Enlarge and Develop in all areas of my life (except physical , I mean weight - LOL)

Josh 13;1 "There are still very large areas of land to be taken over".

In the year 2008 I want to Run for the prize

Phil 3;14 I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God called me heavenwards in Christ Jesus".

It was a good time of sharing and we had tea, cake and snacks afterwards.New year 's lunch we shared with our pastor 's family. We made lamb pulao and they brought chicken curry.

In the pictures below you can see Mom and Pastor and his wife and Aunt Sybil and Aunt Virginia.





15 Fertilize my soul:

Kate said...

Everyone looks very bundled up. Was it cold there on New Year's Eve?

Living Beyond said...

Amen - great goals in inspiration. Happy New Year Lady!

Becky Wolfe said...

Sounds like a great way to pray in the new year with God-centered goals for 2008. (And as always, you sound like you had some delicious food - it hasn't been a good subject for me lately as I have been so sick - but the thought of lamb will always make me salivate)

Happy New Year to you my friend!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

ooh...Becky has been sick! No good!

I love to see the pix of your family and friends! Agreeing with another comment above, everyone looks COLD!

And commenting here on your previous post, I can't wrap my comprehension around a two thousand guest wedding! I wouldn't know what to wear to such a thing! But then again, with so many guests, who would see me! :)

Amrita, you are one of a kind in my blog circle! And yes! May this be a year of flying, enlarging, developing and running towards the prize!

Nancy said...

I totally agree with Carol-Ann .may you be blessed. Thank you for the inspiration.

Susan Skitt said...

What a special time together in the LORD!

Much love,
Susan

Pat said...

What wonderful verses you have shared!
I love the pictures - they are so endearing - your family is so precious.

Kimmie said...

May God help you, guide you, encourage you, inspire you and enlarge you in bigger ways than you imagine.

Be blessed and be ready for the windows of heaven to be open over your life.

blessings to you
Kimmie

Anonymous said...

i like what you said... run for the prize. yeah!

Ash said...

Happy new Year Amrita. Have a wonderful 2008!!!

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd drop by and pay you a visit. Happy New Year to you and your lovely family.

This particular post should serve as an inspiration to many. For you though...go ahead..."just do it"!

Take care my friend.

Gudl said...

Amen to all of this! Thank you for sharing. May God bless you all in 2008.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi My friend Amrita,

Be blesses in 2008 and I wish that all your wishes come throug, I a glad to be your blogfriend, I hope we will continue visiting each others blogs in 2008,

With Love from JoAnn

Anonymous said...

Wishing all your dreams come true in the new year...have a blessed new year!

Amrita said...

Thanks for you comments friends.
Well, for you living in cold countries its almost like summer, but we feel pretty cold when our temp falls between the 40s and 20s.Our homes are not centrally heated, we use an electric heater.
the elders feel exceptionally cold.
But North India is having pretty cold weather, temp dropped down to
the 20s.Several people have died due to the cold, as they did not have adequeate warm clothes or housing. We give away warm clothes to the poor. The daugther of an ex-maid who died last year came to our house and Mom saw her and said she was in rags. this young girl is mentally challenged and cannot look after herself or hold on to a job.Her 2 brothers are alchoholics and have other bad habits. I will help her give her old clothes.She really needs to be institutionalized, but in our country, its difficult.