Monday 7 January 2008

Sunday Blessings


Abner wanted me to take his photo holding Nani 's garden basket.This 6 yr old is quite a scamp.He is hyper-active and needs a good deal of disciplining.

After they left I discovered he had broken my inverter (battery operated generator) switch and I had to send my servant to 10 different places to try and get a replacement.

Sonia asks for prayer for him
That the Lord may give him a peaceful, obedient spirit.
My maid' s just returned from a wedding reception.This was the groom 's party. Here the wedding celebrations are shared by both the families.But if the groom is from out of town then the wedding costs are borne by the bride 's family and then after the wedding the groom 's family hosts a party in their house and lots of people are invited. Its called "At Home" Its an occasion to welcome the bride to her new home.
_______________________
We had open air church. Out on our sun porch, in our garden. Our Pastor and most church members were away at a conference in Calcutta, so the responsibility fell on me to take the service.My topic was Optimism in Old Age (as most of my audience were elders).Its was good. We sang the song"Heavens came down and glory filled my soul" recalling the day of our salvation. I love that song.
We invited Aunt Virginia for lunch. Had peas pulao, salad,veg stir fry and gravy.
In the evening I went to a Handicraft fair and bought two baskets from North East (Manipur state). Everything was being sold at a reduced rate as it was the last day of the fair.I will post the pictures.

8 Fertilize my soul:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi my dear friend,
Have you had a great weekend>
? Ooow an open air church, here in Holland that would be too cold... I red all about the wedding so interesting that is! Ha! This time a 9 building-high cake ooow!

Soon I wiil take you in m car to other places in Holland my riend I promise you that, do you like to sit at the front- or in the backseat? I must say that the dog is also sitting at the back, so I think you better sit in the front OK?

With Love

Living Beyond said...

Good morning - wow it sounds like you had a crazy weekend. I also LOVE that song especially the line "when my night was turned to day"

Btw I 'carded' you so if you drop by my blog - scroll down to Saturdays post and you'll see what it is.

Have a great Monday!!

Gudl said...

Sounds like you have a life that is never dull.

Shari said...

Open air church. Good thing it didn't rain. It was pouring all day today. Rain, rain. That open air would have turned to cold, cold air. :) Is India warm year round?

You have a servant? Here I am the servant and maid. LOL. I am a stay-at-home mom, even though I am a student (part-time).

Take care and God bless.

Web-OJ said...

Well what can you do?? Boys will be boys.

Margie said...

he is a cutie!

Amrita said...

Our day time temp is in the 60s or 70s so its pleasant in the sun, if a chilly wind is not blowing.I really liked the idea of open air church.Good change from the cold building. We don 't have heating.

In our economy, Shari, middle-class people of our income group and above can afford servants and helpers.Though many people choose not too if they are fussy or can manage doing all their work. My sister and some other relatives have jobs and do all their housework too.

Both my helpers are needy people, one is an elderly widow (very poor) and the man doesn 't keep good health (he is also from a very poor background) so in employing them we feel we are doing a little bit of social service. And they are good people.Sometimes i feel I can 't afford servants as inflation is on the rise, but I keep them because they are so poor.
Another girl who is mentally challenged wants to work for us, but we can 't keep her, as we can 't afford to pay her and will not be able to cope with her. i feel so sorry for her she needs to live in an institution.

Susan Skitt said...

Amrita, I know all about having a hyperactive 6 year old since I am mom to one! I will pray for Sonia and her son. I know how frustrating and challenging it can be to raise a spirited child. A verse I've been claiming is "The joy of the Lord is my strength."

I too love the song "Heaven Came Down". A day I will never forget either!

Blessings my friend!