Tuesday 8 January 2008

Some more Pictures

The church wedding was at 4pm.It was a long Anglican ceremony one and a half hours in duration..Dinner would be served at 8.30pm. So we took a break at home to check on the elders.We arrived at the reception hall after 7, by that time the cake was already cut and dissembled. So I couldn 't get a picture of that. But you can see the pieces of the cake which was served. Its a rich fruit cake with marzipan icing beautifully decorated. The above right picture has the silk confetti pouches, wedding program and thank you card.


From the handicraft fair I bought these lovely golden grass baskets from Manipur (NE India)
The flower is made of sea shells and painted.The seller claimed it would float in water but it didn 't.

The dolls behind it are old.They are a Hindu bride and groom.



You can click on the pictures to enlarge them

6 Fertilize my soul:

holy chaos said...

I love all of your pictures!

The wedding pictures are beautiful. What a grand affair. : )

Web-OJ said...

That cake sounds yummy and looks yummy too.

Aura said...

Hello Amrita
It seems that you´ve been very busy with family and church affairs in the last 2 weeks. I´ve missed a lot of your post but i´ll continue reading.
I wish you all the very best for the Year 2008.May all your wishes come true!!!

Donetta said...

What a beautiful basket and I love the invitation so colorful. India loves color!

Gudl said...

I like the baskets you bought!

nvittal said...

Grass baskets are so beautiful. My mom is very interested in making such things in her free time.